En Primeur | Domaine Anne-Francoise Gros 2019
The name Gros is one of the most famous in the Côte de Nuits, synonymous with great Vosne Romaneé. The original Gros domaine is now divided amongst four family members. Anne-Françoise, daughter of Jean Gros, married into another great Burgundy dynasty, the Parent family of Pommard. In 1998 François Parent and Anne-Françoise Gros combined their domaines to create a superb 10 hectare estate under the A F Gros label, comprising some of the finest terroirs across the Côte d’Or. Today, their children Caroline and Mathias are driving quality ever higher.
With his winemaker’s hat on, Mathias describes 2019 as “a vintage of concentration and finesse”. 2019 sees a change to a couple of cuvées. Following an agreement with some cousins, in 2022 they will swap their Vosne Romanée Clos de la Fontaine in exchange for some Clos de Vougeot, Musigny and more Echezeaux. Consequently, this year the Clos de la Fontaine will only be bottled in magnums as they gradually phase it out. In addition, there is so little 2019 Pommard Les Chanlins, just a single barrel, that it too will only be offered in magnum. The whole range is excellent, with village wines that offer exquisite terroir identity, and Grands Crus that now achieve some of the highest scores in the region.
For more information please contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Beaune 1er Cru Boucherottes A F Gros
12x75cl 6 £485.00 EP
Goedhuis, December 2020
Les Boucherottes is on the southern boundary of Beaune just above Pommard’s Epenots vineyards. This side of the appellation tends to produce poised, elegant wines rather than the firmer more muscular style of the northern side of the commune. Deliciously scented, with a mass of fresh raspberry fruit. Elegant, gentle, fine and long.
Jasper Morris MW, December 2020,
Old vines from a postwar planting. Brisk crimson colour. The nose here is a little deeper than usual. There is a good weight of fruit, a few briny and savoury touches (clean), enough acidity, this has got some heart and good length. Lively finish. 4 stars
Pommard 1er Cru Les Chanlins A F Gros
3x150cl 10+ £495.00 EP
Goedhuis, December 2020
Les Chanlins sits right on the border of Volnay and has a reputation for crafting a highly elegant Pommard. Only one barrel of this wine was made in 2019, so it is only available in magnum. Characterful hedgerow fruits, this has excellent intensity and an appealing granular tannic core. Very composed and long on the finish.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.