Duty & Delivery
The wines shown on this site are, with the exception of En Primeur and certain pre-shipment offers, available for purchase and immediate delivery.
Orders received through the website are for UK delivery only. For deliveries elsewhere please telephone us on +44 (0)20 7793 7900 or email us email@example.com.
Wines are available by the case. We are not able to split cases.
UK DELIVERY CHARGES
- Delivery to UK addresses (excluding Highlands and Islands) is free on orders £300 inc VAT.
- Delivery to UK addresses (excluding Highlands and Islands) on orders less than £300 inc VAT delivery is charged at £18.00 inc VAT.
- Delivery to the Highlands and Islands incurs an additional charge of £30 inc VAT.
Please note: Charges apply to delivery of all En Primeur wines and to delivery of wines withdrawn from Private Reserves irrespective of value.
UK DELIVERY TIMING
Orders are delivered Monday to Friday during normal working hours.
If possible let us know if there is somewhere safe the wine can be left in the event of your absence.
Orders received before 11.30am on weekdays will be delivered as follows:
- within the M25, the following working day
- elsewhere in the UK (excluding Highlands & Islands), three to four working days after the date of order
- to the Highlands and Islands, from five to seven working days after the date of order
On occasion delivery can be expedited but will incur an additional charge.
Overseas shipments via third party freight forwarders or shipping agents can be arranged for orders over £500. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
We consolidate regular shipments to Hong Kong. Please email email@example.com for details of costs and timings.
EN PRIMEUR WINES
- All En Primeur wine is offered In Bond England (i.e. shipping to the UK and bottling charges are included) whilst the wine is still in barrel.
- On arrival, your wine can be delivered to you immediately or stored In Bond by our independent storage company Private Reserves at a current cost of £11.75 ex-VAT per 12x75cl (£14.10 inc VAT) or £5.88 ex-VAT per 6 pack per annum (£7.05 inc VAT).
- When you take delivery of your En Primeur wines (on arrival in the UK or at a later date), duty and VAT at the prevailing Government rates will be payable.
These charges are per 12 bottle case at present:
- Still Wine £26.78 (5-15%)
- Sparkling Wine £34.30 (8.5-15%)
- Port £35.70 (15-22%)
VAT is currently 20%.
Please note: Delivery of En Primeur wines will be charged at cost irrespective of value.
WINES STORED BY PRIVATE RESERVES
Wines bought In Bond for storage will not include Duty and VAT and can be stored by our independent storage company Private Reserves Ltd at a current cost of £11.75 ex-VAT per 12x75cl or £5.88 ex-VAT per 6 pack per annum.
If you decide to take delivery of your wines from Private Reserves, duty and VAT at the prevailing Government rates will be payable. These charges are at present £26.78 per 12x75cl for wine and 20% respectively.
Private Reserves delivery rates are as follows:
- 1 case £18.00 ex VAT
- 2 cases £32.00 ex VAT
- 3-5 cases £45.00 ex VAT
- 6+ cases please ask us and we will provide a quote
Central London deliveries are charged at rate of £25.00 ex VAT for 1-4 cases.