2013 - Chambolle Musigny Clos de l'Orme Sylvain Cathiard
09B3CMCC6PK _ 2013 - Chambolle Musigny Clos de l'Orme Sylvain Cathiard - 6x75cl
Colour
Red
Producer
Domaine Sylvain Cathiard
Region
Chambolle-Musigny
Grape
Pinot Noir
Drinking
2018 - 2028
Case size
6x75cl
Available Now

2013 CHAMBOLLE MUSIGNY CLOS DE L'ORME SYLVAIN CATHIARD - 6x75cl

Colour
Red
Producer
Domaine Sylvain Cathiard
Region
Chambolle-Musigny
Grape
Pinot Noir
Drinking
2018 - 2028
Case size
6x75cl
Available Now
Duty Paid (Inc. VAT)
Case price £694.07 (Inc. VAT)
Go to Basket

Need help? Call +44 (0)20 7793 7900 or email wine@goedhuis.com.

Pricing

  • IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.

  • RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.

Additional Information

  • Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond.  VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.

  • En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.

Tasting Notes

  • BURG

    Burghound, January 2015,
    Score: 88-91

    (50+ year old vines raised in 15% new wood). There is enough reduction present to flatten the nose yet the underlying fruit appears to be ripe. There is a patently cool and restrained quality to the mineral-inflected medium-bodied flavors that possess a lovely, even refined mouth feel thanks to the fine-grained tannins that contribute to the overall sense of elegance. This solidly persistent effort is very “Chambollesque” and if it can add depth in bottle it should merit the upper portion of my projected range. Drink 2020+

  • SM

    Sarah Marsh, November 2014,
    Score: 16.35

    Old vines…85% of the plot is 70 years old and the remaining 15% was planted in 1992. This is pure and ripe and juicy. Gorgeous ripe raspberry fruit; the aromatics are really ripe, heady summer fruits..a lot of concentration here. It is trim though, swift in the core. Racy, but also aromatically very ripe. Straight and pure finish….with the touch of aromas at the very end. I do like this. Score 16.35. From 2020

More Tasting Notes Hide More Tasting Notes

Producer

Domaine Sylvain Cathiard

Sylvain Cathiard is one of the top growers in Vosne Romanée, a region not shy of exceptional talent. He only has around 4.25 hectares of vines, therefore the quantity that he makes is particularly small. Traditionally, Burgundy domaines are renowned for being minute in size, and he is definitely amongst the smallest. In addition, he has some of the most exceptional vineyards, which read like a Who's Who list of the Côte de Nuits, many of which are located next to grand crus sites. This combination is lethal for allocations. Too little wine with too many open hands all waiting for their fair share. SInce 2011 his talented son, Sébastien, has been running the domaine.

Region

Chambolle-Musigny

The wines of Chambolle Musigny are like no other. They can be superbly delicate, yet mindblowingly complex. Of all the northern Burgundy appellations, they are the most ethereal, and as a result the most feminine. Most of the Chambolle Musigny vineyard area is encompassed in its Village and Premier Cru appellations including the robust Beaux Bruns, the splendidly mineral Le Cras and the poised yet powerful Les Amoureuses. It produces only two Grand Crus - the round and rich Bonnes Mares which it shares with Morey St. Dénis, as well as what could be described as the Stradivarius of grand crus, Musigny.