Offer | Zind-Humbrecht’s glorious 2019s
Domaine Zind-Humbrecht is a beacon of Alsace, making some of the most complex, powerful and soulful wines in the region. We are thrilled to offer the latest release from the much-lauded 2019 vintage.
It is a treasure trove of single vineyard and Grand Cru wines from Alsace's four famous noble varieties: Riesling, Pinot Gris, Muscat, and Gewürztraminer, as well as an effortlessly silky Pinot Noir. 2019 also sees the estate’s first ever Grand Cru Sommerberg (Riesling), which scored an impressive 97 points from James Suckling.
Olivier Humbrecht MW is the genius behind this cherished family estate. Jancis Robinson describes him as “one of France's most talented and thoughtful winemakers”. He crafts his beautiful biodynamic wines from Alsace’s finest Grands Crus and lieux-dits sites which sit on a patchwork of different soil types. The Financial Times sums up the wines of Zind-Humbrecht as “strikingly characterful, saturated with scent, texture and flavour. They are singular sensual objects of huge personality and impact”.
The 2019s are a dazzling display of Olivier’s great talents and his hallowed terroir. This is one of the great vintages for Alsace in the past decade and Olivier is delighted with the wines: they have, he says, “concentration, structure and refinement, and are worthy of cellaring”.
With a raft of phenomenal scores from James Suckling, these celestial 2019s are quite simply a must-have for lovers of the great wines of Alsace.
NB: These wines are AVAILABLE LATER. They will be available for delivery in early 2022.
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Riesling Grand Cru Brand Domaine Zind-Humbrecht Available Later
6x75cl 6 £305.00 IB
6x75cl 6 £382.07 Inc VAT
James Suckling, December 2021,
A giant of minerality with enormous structure, this also delights you with the stunningly ripe apricot and pineapple fruit that’s wrapped around its dense core. This will surely only get better for many years to come, as it slowly reveals its deep riches. From biodynamically grown grapes. Drinkable now, but better from 2023.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.