En Primeur | Chambolle Musigny
The wines of Chambolle Musigny are like no other. They can be superbly delicate, yet mind-blowingly complex. Of all the northern Burgundy appellations, they are the most ethereal, and as a result the most feminine. Most of the vineyard area is encompassed in its Village and Premier Cru appellations including the robust Beaux Bruns, the splendidly mineral Le Cras and the poised yet powerful Les Amoureuses.
"there are sublime 2019s here that retain those facets you mention: floral aromatics, rose petal to Vosne’s violets, pliant tannins, disarming purity of fruit, approachability." Neal Martin
For more information please contact your account manager or email@example.com
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Chambolle Musigny Louis Boillot
12x75cl 2 £438.00 EP
Goedhuis, November 2020
A darker cherry character than some years, reflecting the warm, dry summer conditions experienced in the village in 2019. Quite a moreish style, with its sweet black fruit flavours and touch of liquorice spice. Warming and very pleasing.
Neal Martin, December 2020,
The 2019 Chambolle-Musigny Village comes from two parcels, 80% from Beaux Bruns and 20% from Derrière La Forge. The first barrel selected showed some reduction. The second was much better, offering well-defined brambly red fruit intermixed with light earthy aromas. The palate is ripe and quite candied on the entry, with vanilla-tinged red fruit, a slightly confit style, and a sweet, candied, lightly spiced finish. Not profound, but quite seductive. Drink 2022 - 2032
Jasper Morris MW, November 2020,
Made from 75% Beaux Bruns and 25% Derrière le Four, purchased in 2005 and 2009 respectively. Intense purple with a reductive nose. Quite heavy at the moment with dark fruit, and a lot of oak. Powerful sturdy stuff. 3 Star
Chambolle Musigny Cuvée de la Violette Laurent Ponsot
6x75cl 10+ £275.00 EP
Burghound, December 2021,
A much more floral-suffused and more elegant nose displays notes of the essence of black pinot and red berry fruit, especially cherry, laced with subtle notes of anise and baking spices. The very fresh and beautifully detailed medium-bodied flavors exude a refreshing salinity before terminating a dusty bitter cherry pit-inflected finish. Drink 2027+
Jasper Morris MW, november 2020,
From 8 different plots. Paler crimson here, a little more warmth. Very ripe cherries. Also a firmer, hard finish with some kirsch notes, but still within bounds. The fruit is not sloppy nor cooked but the warmth of the summer is nonetheless apparent.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.