Offers | Goedhuis Recommends | October 2021
Vernaccia di San Gimignano Le Calcinaie 2020 @ £162.00 per 12 bottles inc VAT (£13.50/75cl)
Lovingly made by Simone Santini at his beautiful estate, Tenuta le Calcinaie, this Vernaccia is 100% organic. We love Simone’s 2020, it is perfumed with layers of juicy stone fruits, pear, quince and lemon. The salty, mineral palate has pleasing depth and offers up yet more mouth-watering fruit. Drinkable and dangerously moreish.
Pouilly Fumé Petit F Michel Redde et Fils 2020 @ £180.00 per 12 bottles inc VAT (£15.00/75cl)
Made from 100% Sauvignon Blanc grown in the Loire’s flinty clay and limestone soils, this wine’s incredible freshness and high acidity are immediately apparent. Made by Sébastien Redde, who is in the process of converting the domain to organic viticulture, this young wine is true to the Pouilly Fumé brief: less floral than Sancerre and more masculine on the palate – it is perfect for enjoying with food.
Montagny 1er Cru Vieux Château Jean-Marc Boillot 2018 @ £295.00 per 12 bottles inc VAT (£24.58/75cl)
Jean-Marc Boillot needs little introduction. He inherited his Puligny vineyards from his grandfather Etienne Sauzet. The grapes for this cuvée come from a single 1er cru vineyard in Montagny in the Côte Chalonnaise. It is, in effect, a mini Puligny Montrachet and its sheer class shines through with yellow stone fruits in abundance and a seductive, silky mouthfeel – this is superb white Burgundy operating far above its price point.
Ch Montaiguillon Montagne St Emilion 2018 @ £186.00 per 12 bottles inc VAT (£15.50/75cl)
Montaiguillon is an extraordinarily well positioned château on the hill of Montagne St Emilion and produces one of the best ‘everyday’ clarets we sell. Grown on clay and limestone soils and comprising of 60% Merlot, the 2018 comes from a warm vintage. The glossy plum fruit is wonderfully vibrant. Exceptional value and highly recommended. Also available in halves, magnums and double magnums.
Rosso di Montalcino Canalicchio di Sopra 2019 @ £136.00 per 6 bottles inc VAT (£22.67/75cl)
In Tuscany, high up to the east of the Montalcino hill are North East facing vineyards exposed to a 300m channel of wind and the elements. Made from young Brunello vines, this wine is elegant and finessed. A lighter style of red, this delicious cuvee will appeal to Burgundy lovers. Certainly one of the highest quality Rossos on the market today.
Pernand Vergelesses 1er Cru Ile des Vergelesses Chandon de Briailles 2017 @ 573.00 per 12 bottles inc VAT (£47.75/75cl)
From arguably the finest 1er cru vineyard in Pernand Vergelesses. This 2017 sees a proportion of whole bunch fermentation and is impressively structured, beautifully balanced and unquestionably sophisticated. It is fully organic and observes biodynamic principals (like all wines made at Chandon de Briailles).
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Montagny 1er Cru Vieux Château Jean-Marc Boillot
12x75cl 10+ £219.05 IB
12x75cl 10+ £295.00 Inc VAT
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.