Offers | Goedhuis recommends: March 2021
Spring is firmly on the horizon, the children are going back to school and whilst we all have to be at home for another month, there is a lot to be positive about. To help you through the month we have put together a selection of really delicious wines as well a single Champagne to begin ushering in a sense of celebration.
Billecart Salmon Champagne NV (£219.00 per case 6x75cl/ £249.00 per case 3x150cl) | Billecart Salmon is to this day a family run operation 200 years in the making and is arguably one of the most delicious, predominantly Pinot-based Non-Vintage cuvées on the market today. The Brut Reserve is complex, creamy on the palate and finishes with wonderful freshness and length. If you are unfamiliar with this Champagne house, please do try a 6 bottle case -- you won’t be disappointed.
Vernaccia di San Gimignano Le Calcinaie 2019 (£162.00 per case 12x75cl) | When the sun comes out, a glass of fresh, crisp, lightly floral Italian will always hit the spot and we have just the thing. This little beauty from vineyards surrounding the hilltop town of San Gimignano in Tuscany, is organic, light, pure, mineral and finessed. We have bought it every year since 2005 and we will continue to do so, Brexit willing…
Riesling QbA Helmut Dönnhoff 2019 (£105.00 per case 6x75cl) | Should a 100% Riesling be more to your taste, we have a handful of 6 bottle cases of this stunning dry as a bone Riesling made by Helmut Dönnhoff. This wine combines the chalky tension and minerality of the Mosel with the warmth of the Nahe region. It is drinking extremely well now and is highly recommended - such great value for a wine of considerable class.
Chablis 1er Cru Vaillons 2018 Billaud-Simon (£148.00 per case 6x75cl) | If a Chardonnay is in order to keep the wolf from the door, we have chosen this beautiful 1er Cru Vaillons 2018 from one of the most sought after domaines in Chablis. The wine is generous on entry, revealing considerable minerality and stoniness on the mid-palate, with citrus, orange peel and floral notes wafting from the glass. This is unmistakably cool climate Chardonnay and one that will appeal to all lovers of proper Chablis. Highly recommended.
Rioja Crianza Bodegas Sierra Cantabria 2016 (£168.00 per case 12x75cl) | We are thrilled to introduce to this new Rioja to our list from a winery pushing the boundaries of innovation practicing organic and biodynamic principles. 2016 is top-draw for Rioja and this wine is no exception; packed with dark fruits it is soft and voluptuous, gliding effortlessly across the palate with elegance and finesse. Just incredibly good value at £14/bottle.
Vietti Langhe Nebbiolo Perbacco 2017 (£136.00 per case 6x75cl) | Vietti needs little introduction. Their wines are some of the most prized within Piedmont and we are delighted to enthuse here about even their entry level Langhe Nebbiolo ‘erbacco, that is a ‘mini-Barolo’ in itself. This is quite simply a glorious expression of Nebbiolo. Most of the Goedhuis team has drunk this superb wine at some point and the praise has been effusive. The red berry fruits are sweet, pure and vibrant with certainly some structure showing on the palate only adding to the interest and complexity of this thought provoking wine. Highly recommended, and in handy 6 bottle cases.
Chateau Lalande Borie Cru Bourgeois St Julien 2015 (£159.00 per case 6x75cl) | Looking for a delicious claret to accompany a hearty Sunday lunch? We recently bought a parcel of this delicious 2015 made by Bruno Borie and the team at Ducru Beaucaillou. From vineyards on sandier soils this cuvée won’t have the intensity of its big brother but is an eighth of the price and shows very clearly the class and pedigree of this great Chateau. 55% Merlot and 45% Cabernet and right now entering its drinking window. We also have Magnums, Halves and a handful of Imperials!
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Ch Lalande Borie Cru Bourgeois St Julien
24x37.5cl 10+ £274.89 IB
24x37.5cl 10+ £362.00 Inc VAT
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.