Offers | Goedhuis Recommends | January
In our world January is all about Burgundy, with the launch of the new vintage en primeur: this year the release of the 2020s. For those of you who don’t have a cellar full of maturing red and white burgundy, please find some delicious recommendations from top Burgundy domaines that can be enjoyed and delivered immediately.
Mâcon Loché Les Longues Terres Domaine Marcel Couturier 2020: Our Mâcon Loché has a loyal following and continues to delight those who seek out a house white Burgundy that punches high in terms of quality and value.
Chablis Denis Pommier 2019: Isabelle and Denis Pommier have crafted a delicious 2019 that has an attractive silky texture on the palate and an abundance of white peachy notes that leap out of the glass. Incredibly moreish!
Rully les Villeranges Domaine Faiveley 2019: A new addition to our portfolio. This is an exceptional cuvée that really shows off the depth and breadth of fruit obtained from these older vines.
Red BurgundyBourgogne Derrière Sazenay Jean-Pierre Charton 2019: We have received so many positive comments from clients who have been enjoying this entry level Pinot Noir over the Christmas period. This is a terrific wine at a bargain price.
Moulin à Vent En Montperay A F Gros 2019 : 100% Gamay. This is no ordinary Moulin à Vent from one of Burgundies most famous domains. The red cherry fruit is ripe and incredibly pure. The palate is voluminous and finishes with very good length. What a gem, just 10 cases available.
We finish with a pair of superb old vine 2018s from our great friend Nicolas Potel at Maison Roche de Bellene.
Volnay Vieilles Vignes Maison Roche de Bellène 2018: Those who enjoy a delicious Volnay, will be excited by not only the quality of this cuvée, but also the price on the table. The fruit has been selected from 3 different sites and the vines are between 60 to 75 years old. This is a beautiful Volnay.
Chambolle Musigny Vieilles Vignes Maison Roche de Bellene 2018: The Côte de Nuits’ most seductive appellation and this a beautiful example. Harmonious, with rich volume and soft lacey tannins. Don’t miss this.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.