Offers | Goedhuis exclusive new releases | Laurent Ponsot 2018
We are delighted, as his exclusive UK agents, to offer Laurent Ponsot’s fabulous 2018 white and red Burgundies.
Laurent continues to make many of the famous Grands and Premiers Crus that he made in previous years with the Domaine label, such as Chambertin, Griotte Chambertin, Clos St Denis and Chambolle Musigny 1er Cru Les Charmes, which he has been making since 1982. He is also now producing some additional wines bottled under the new Laurent Ponsot label, which we are delighted to offer herewith. The whites are named after flowers, and the red cuvées are named after trees. Laurent and Clément have also added a superb set of Meursaults to the range which are notable for their drive and minerality.
Laurent’s philosophy remains unchanged, and he continues to make wines of exceptional purity and balance, without the use of any new oak. In his own words: “2018 is a great vintage without the need to compare it to others. The wines, white and red, are rich and distinguished, opulent and refined, silky and concentrated...they are a perfect example of what our new adventure of 'Haute Couture' can give."
His current selection includes wines to fit a range of budgets and styles, with his stunning and energetic Bourgogne Blanc and Bourgogne Rouge cuvées offering excellent value at £120/6 IB (£20 per bottle IB). His richly styled, yet refined and silky Gevrey Chambertin Cuvée de L’Aulne a standout at £40 per bottle IB (£240/6 IB) and his whites as we have mentioned above are also not to be missed. Do make sure you read the glowing reviews from our MW, David Roberts, and leading Burgundy critic Jasper Morris MW. His Grand Crus are always limited and command huge interest and top prices, but there are some exceptional cuvées to be found for any Burgundy lover. Laurent’s outstanding 2018’s represent his longstanding philosophy of producing wines of exceptional pedigree and harmony.
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.