2016 Ch Gloria St Julien - 6x75cl
- 2022 - 2032
- Château Gloria
- St julien, Red Bordeaux
- Available Now
Goedhuis, April 2017, Score: 91-93
As always a wine that sits beautifully in its category for its price quality ratio. Shining purple colour, it has pure dark elderberry aromas. In the palate, it is a very enticing harmonious style, with ripe rounded black fruit flavours, a feeling of richness, and subtle smooth tannins. A real star. DR
Neal Martin, April 2017, Score: 93-95
Ch Gloria St Julien
Antonio Galloni, January 2019, Score: 96
The 2016 Gloria is one of the undisputed stars of this vintage. Rich, deep and explosive, the 2016 possesses tremendous intensity in all of its dimensions. Sweet red cherry, tobacco, menthol, licorice and dried rose petal all add complexity. In 2016 Gloria is a real head-turner. It should be a fabulous value as well. There is not much else to say. 2026 - 2046
Antonio Galloni, April 2017, Score: 92-95
The 2016 Gloria is striking. Ripe, dense and beautifully layered in the glass, the 2016 exudes class. Super-ripe red cherry, plum, pomegranate, rose petal, cinnamon and licorice notes abound, but it is the wine's juiciness and overall texture that are most appealing, A super-classic Saint-Julien, Gloria delivers serious quality for the money. Despite its obvious depth and fleshiness, the 2016 Gloria is also one of the most restrained, gracious Saint-Juliens readers will come across.
James Suckling, April 2017, Score: 93-94
Dense and layered red with berry and tobacco character, a full body and a savory finish. Got it all here.
Jancis Robinson, April 2017, Score: 16.5
Sweet and energetic and very glossy. Just a little austere on the end. Bone dry. Quite demanding. Just not quite enough ripe fruit for the not inconsiderable tannins. Drink 2024-2038
Tim Atkin, May 2017, Score: 94
Working with its new winery for the first time in 2016, Gloria has made a fine, aromatic, well structured blend, with more tannin and concentration than the 2015, but similar levels of perfume and finesse. Serious and age worthy, it’s sappy and long. 2024-36
Neal Martin, August 2020, Score: 94
The 2016 Gloria is noticeably deeper in color than its peers. It has a charming bouquet of blackberry, briar, brown spices and touches of sandalwood, complex and developing loamy elements with aeration. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins and a fine bead of acidity. Quite mineral-driven, leading into a composed, precise finish that indicates careful winemaking from great terroir. Superb. Tasted blind at the Southwold tasting. Drink: 2026 - 2060
Need help? Call +44 (0)20 7793 7900 or email email@example.com.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.