Offers | Award winning Whisky for Christmas drinking
After the challenges that we have all had to face this year, we think it’s a good time to spread a bit of cheer.
With this in mind we are delighted to offer an incredible range of whisky (and other spirits) and with pricing starting from £68.00 per bottle, there’s something for everybody.
Each bottling has been chosen with immense care by our spirits team and you can view the full list here. We have some serious options listed for sale including great names such as Macallan, Dalmore, Port Ellen, Cambus, WhistlePig and Dictador.
To help you with your selection we have highlighted three of our favourites. Hopefully you find this list helpful whether you are a novice whisky drinker looking to try something new or you are thinking about gifting a bottle this Christmas.
Ardbeg Corryvreckan @ £68.00 per single bottle inc VAT - Awarded The World’s Best Single Malt in 2020 by the World Whiskies Awards.
This brilliant bottling was named for the violent whirlpool at the north of Islay. It exemplifies the magnificent peatiness that lies beneath the vibrant mineral nose. The Corryvreckan is absolutely dripping in awards and at the recent International Whisky Competition scooped an astounding FIVE top awards including Best Single Malt, Best Islay Single Malt and Best Peated Scotch. It left many far more expensive whiskies in its wake, notching up a score of 96.1 points – even more impressive for a whisky priced at just £68 per bottle inc VAT.
26 year old Single Whisky Cask No 48094 Cambus Distillery James Eadie @ £99.00 per bottle inc VAT
The Cambus distillery has a long history dating back to 1806 but a fire destroyed it in 1913 it reopened in 1937 but then closed again forever in 1993. It sits in the top of the Lowlands region and is a demolished distillery, meaning it cannot be easily rebuilt. Its current owner, Diageo is now using the site for cooperage, is it now for cask filling and warehousing other whiskies meaning this is an increasingly rare whisky to find available. It is highly prized by blenders across Scotland but the small amount held back for single grain production is highly sought after.
The limited availability of production makes Cambus all the more attractive to collectors and drinkers, it’s an excellent addition to any portfolio of wines or whiskies. This special bottling comes from a single cask number 48092 and was chosen by the distinguished independent bottler, James Eadie who established themselves in 1854.
Yamazaki Single Malt Japanese Whisky 12 Year Old @ £155.00 per bottle inc VAT - Awarded Gold Medal for 12 Years & Under in 2019 by the World Whiskies Awards.
The Japanese have received great acclaim recently for their ever expanding range of single malt whiskies. Yamazaki is Suntory's flagship single malt whisky, from Japan's first and oldest malt distillery. The 12 Year old is Described by the Whisky Bible's Jim Murray as 'a complex and satisfying malt' Yamazaki's classic flagship is the definitive Japanese whisky, and a darling for collectors and drinkers alike.
To help you with your selection we have highlighted three of our favourites: all ideal for both a novice or more experienced whisky drinker, or perfect for gifting a bottle this Christmas.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.