Offer | Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs 2011
Comtes de Champagne is the jewel in Taittinger's crown and is, without doubt, one of the world’s greatest Blanc de Blancs Champagnes. We are proud to offer, directly from their immaculate cellars in Reims, the newly released 2011 vintage at £535.00 per six pack IB.
Only ever produced in exceptional vintages and, unlike many prestige cuvées, only in very limited quantities, just 36 vintages have been produced since the first cuvée in 1952. 2011 was a very good year for the Comtes' Chardonnay vines hailing from the Grands Crus of the Côte des Blancs (Avize, Chouilly, Cramant, Mesnil-sur-Oger and Oger), producing grapes of exceptional quality. This has resulted in a sumptuous Comtes de Champagne that shows great presence, etched with the hallmarks of its Grand Cru DNA: minerality, power, complexity, elegance and finesse.
Comtes' release price remains determinedly reasonable for its impeccable and hallowed origins, its roots entwined in the top five Grand Cru vineyards of the prestigious Côte des Blancs and its barrels nestled in Taittinger's ancient chalk cellars.
The 2011 has already scored an impressive 97 points from James Suckling, the first critic to release, who noted its signature beauty, “mineral, floral too. Refreshing and energetic”. Matthew Jukes goes further, awarding 19.5++ points out of 20, ranking the 2011 among the "best" Comtes alongside such illustrious vintages as 1959, 1966, 1996, 2002 and 2006, and commenting: "The flavour, the fizz, the length, the momentum and the overall halo of greatness did not change one iota over nearly 60 hours of being open with no preservation whatsoever. This is a genius, B de B and while it tastes scintillating now, I am confident that it will amaze Comte fans for decades to come."
Goedhuis have the privilege of a longstanding and close relationship with the Taittinger family. It’s a partnership we are proud of and this new release is certainly something to be celebrated. As Pierre-Emmanuel Taittinger always says: “Champagne is to be drunk in celebration of life, with good friends. It is a symbol of happiness.”
Limited to 1 case per client.
These wines are not available online please email or call us for details.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.