Offer | Sena & Vinedo Chadwick 2019
These wines have transformed into two of Chile’s most prestigious and distinctive wines, producing the very best Cabernet Sauvignon blends from their respective regions. Their stardom is well-deserved, with comparisons being made to some of the world's legendary Cabernet blends, particularly those from Bordeaux, which they have beaten in a number of renowned global wine tastings.
Seña 2019 at £479.00 per six bottles IB
The breath-taking hillside vineyards in the Valle de Aconcagua are perfectly suited to the Bordeaux varietals behind the famed Seña blend which sees 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Malbec, 15% Carmenere and 4% Petit Verdot. The power, complexity and amazing layering of flavours reflect the nuances of these unique soils. The cool breezes of the Pacific Ocean, a cool summer and early picking, which helped contain the ripeness, has given beautiful, fresh grapes, and produced an incredibly stylish wine with amazing persistence and elegance. Aromatic, silky fruit and juicy tannins glide across the palate, carrying through to bright, lifted finish. Once tasted, it's extremely hard to resist!
The critics give it a rapturous praise. 98 points Wine Advocate, with Luis Gutierrez commenting, "This is incredibly elegant, subtle and harmonious even at this early stage… seamless and pure, with pungent flavors and a soft texture. It's long, clean, defined and super tasty. I feel this wine is getting better and better by the vintage." James Suckling also scores 98 points, calling it, “A wine with soul and length.” Do not miss adding this to your cellar.
Viñedo Chadwick 2019 at £659.00 per three bottles IB
The embodiment of power and finesse. A true Chilean First Growth, with its noble heritage going back centuries, Viñedo Chadwick's vineyards overlook famous neighbour Almaviva, which it has outscored again in 2019. Tucked at the foot of the Andes near the Maipo River, its vineyards are a little more inland and warmer than those of Seña. The region is well-known for its rare alluvial terroirs, which produce exquisite Cabernet Sauvignon. This also receives huge praise, but will require patience as it is so tightly wound. From tasting this yesterday we know it will be hugely rewarding to all who are lucky enough to own a case.
The Wine Advocate's Luis Gutierrez was charmed, awarding 97 points: “I was truly impressed by this vintage, especially because of its elegance and freshness... This feels exceptional and transcends the style of the year.” James Suckling scores 99 points, is also spellbound, “Subtle and very beautiful… It’s full-bodied, yet agile and so fine-textured with superb tannins that provide multi-layers on the palate. It’s refined, yet powerful at the end. Suggests greatness and longevity.”
For us this was a seriously sophisticated wine, it has a dark, brooding power. There is wonderful ripeness and an irresistible Chilean flair but it retains a core that is all old world Bordeaux: dark red fruits, floral notes, cedar, tobacco and spice. This certainly needs time to evolve but what a beauty it has the potential to become.
Today’s new releases are, in our opinion, their best to date. It was with sheer delight that we tasted both of these wines yesterday. We were so impressed by their elegance, character and intrinsic freshness. Francisco Baettig, the winemaker behind these magical wines has been heralded by Decanter as “one of the leading lights of Chile’s wine industry”. In short, this is an impeccable pair of releases.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.