En Primeur | Vosne Romanée
The vineyards of the modest village of Vosne Romanée are arguably the most sought after in the Côte d’Or. It is host to excellent Village and Premier Cru wines, but it is most famous for its Grands Crus. It can be remarkably robust and powerful, yet be charming, opulent and gloriously scented, giving it one of the most diverse styles of the region.
"Vosne’s signature floral scent is untrammelled in 2019 so much so that at times it was like walking into a violet-obsessed florists. This scent distinguishes it from other appellations. Vosne-Romanée is where you come for the most luxurious, satin-textured expressions of Pinot Noir." Neal Martin
For more information please contact your account manager or email@example.com
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Vosne Romanée Benjamin Leroux
6x75cl 10+ £288.00 EP
Goedhuis, December 2020
So typically Vosne Romanée, with its clear pure red fruit characters. It has a very supple mouthfeel, giving and easy, with the characteristic sweet fruit flavours of the vintage. A lovely example of the appellation.
Neal Martin, December 2020,
The 2019 Vosne-Romanée Village comes from the Flagey-Echézeaux, Nuits-Saint Georges sides of the appellation plus some vines in the village. At just under 50% whole bunch, it has a light and slightly earthy, almost Morey-like bouquet. The palate is straightforward with slightly coarse tannins at the moment and a chalky finish. 2022-2028
Jancis Robinson, October 2020,
Four out of 16 barrels were new. One-third whole bunch. Vinified in two separate tanks to check a new vineyard source. Several lieux-dits including Aux Genaivrières just beneath Dom Leroy and also on the Nuits side. Works with a small estate who sells only to him and Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey. Only the new barrels have been racked. This is a representative global sample. Bright crimson. Savoury with an intense aroma and rather luscious fruit and rather richer than some village Vosnes. Impressive persistence. Drink 2026-2038
Jasper Morris MW, December 2020,
The new barrel component has been racked. The colour is a fresh mid purple, with lots of energy on the nose, and class too, with a very refined raspberry fruit, and a super succulent, but refined feel throughout, and a lifted finish. Really well balanced. 4 stars
Vosne Romanée Clos de la Fontaine A F Gros
3x150cl 6 £385.00 EP
Goedhuis, December 2020
Clos de la Fontaine often makes the lightest, prettiest, silkiest Vosne in the AF Gros portfolio, and is usually the first to enter its drinking window. Lots of tayberry fruits, this is a very pure and rounded wine, beautifully balanced and so full of charm.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.