En Primeur | Matthew Jukes Recommends
A scaled down press tasting just before the launch of our En Primeur campaign allowed prominent critics such as Matthew Jukes a chance to taste the Burgundy 2020 vintage. All the wines in the full list below come highly recommended by Matthew, and we've pulled out four wines here which exemplify the standout value, fruit intensity and balance he found evident throughout this range. Browse the full list below and catch them whilst stocks last!
Bourgogne Côte D’or Blanc Cuvée Oligocène Patrick Javillier | Quite riper and creamy with a faint mandarin note (which I am starting to think is a hallmark of the vintage) that is haunting and rather delicious. The palate is seamless, and the oak is very much under control, making it a very successful and flattering style of wine. While it is designed as an early drinker, there is no doubt that it will hold for a good few years, too. £125.00 per 6 IB | 17/20
2020 Meursault Les Gruyaches Jean-Philippe Fichet | Les Gruyaches builds on a firm base of fruit and stays on the more masculine side of the fence with fairly powerful fruit notes and not as many floral details as were found on the Meix. This is a nice wine with great value to be found if you are a fan of slightly more commanding Meursault. It will need a year or two for the oak to melt away, but this is a smart wine and a cunning buy. £260.00 per 6 IB | 18+/20
Beaune 1er Cru Les Cents Vignes Domaine Rapet Père Et Fils | This is a bright, accurate and non-nonsense Beaune, and it literally does what it says on the tin. Smooth, pure, clean and cherry-like, this is a lovely wine, and it will please all-comers. £175.00 per 6 IB | 17/20
Vougeot Clos Du Village Benjamin Leroux | Pure, bright and easy to both understand and enjoy, this is a classic Leroux style, and it is harmonious, soothing and delicately juicy. Great value and forward, too, this is a cunning buy and one which will bring melodic flavours and engaging drinking early in its life. £246.00 per 6 IB |17.5/20
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat Score
Bourgogne Côte d’Or Blanc Cuvée Oligocène Patrick Javillier
6x75cl 10+ £125.00 RELEASED 17 MJ
6x75cl - £166.07 Inc VAT RELEASED
Puligny Montrachet Jean-Marc Boillot
6x75cl 10+ £240.00 RELEASED 18+ MJ
6x75cl - £304.07 Inc VAT RELEASED
Meursault Clos du Cromin Patrick Javillier
6x75cl 10+ £240.00 RELEASED 17.5 MJ
6x75cl - £304.07 Inc VAT RELEASED
Meursault Les Gruyaches Jean-Philippe Fichet
6x75cl 10+ £260.00 RELEASED 18+ MJ
6x75cl - £328.07 Inc VAT RELEASED
Meursault Les Clousots Patrick Javillier
6x75cl 9 £275.00 RELEASED 18+ MJ
6x75cl - £346.07 Inc VAT RELEASED
Marsannay Clos du Roy Charles Audoin
6x75cl 10+ £155.00 RELEASED 91-94 BURG
6x75cl - £202.07 Inc VAT RELEASED
Beaune 1er Cru Les Cents Vignes Domaine Rapet Père et Fils
6x75cl 10+ £175.00 RELEASED 17 MJ
6x75cl - £226.07 Inc VAT RELEASED
Vougeot Clos du Village Benjamin Leroux
6x75cl 10+ £246.00 RELEASED 89-91 NM
6x75cl - £311.27 Inc VAT RELEASED
Gevrey Chambertin Vieilles Vignes Geantet Pansiot
6x75cl 2 £295.00 RELEASED 18 MJ
6x75cl - £370.07 Inc VAT RELEASED
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.