En Primeur | Maison Roche de Bellene 2019
Burgundy En Primeur is just around the corner and we are excited to share a small pre-Christmas release: the delicious 2019 Roche de Bellene wines. These red Burgundies famously represent great value and a rare opportunity to order your favourite cuvées in magnums.
Maison Roche de Bellene is the negociant label of the much-loved and highly talented Nicolas Potel, son of the late Gérard Potel of Domaine de la Pousse d’Or. With an enviable portfolio of parcels, he makes some of the most enjoyable wines in the Côte.
Nicolas has made a raft of splendid 2019s and we are thoroughly impressed by their freshness and detail. We have selected our favourites, including a trio of village wines from Volnay, Chambolle and Vosne Romanée which show such pristine fruit, and which don't need a decade to come around. For the long term, the Premiers Crus and Grands Crus are outstanding and also very sensibly priced. These are terroir-focused examples of Burgundy's most sought-after vineyards: from the edgy, mineral, Clos St Denis and the sumptuous, floral Echezeaux to the juicy, peppery Chambertin.
The brilliance of 2019 is down to a sun-soaked growing season with well-timed rains. The wines are beautifully ripe and concentrated but freshness is the watchword here that sets the vintage apart. In fact, “freshness, energy and balance” are the three words Nicolas chooses to describe 2019 which he compares to the majestic 1989.
Delicious, approachable and very well-priced, this is a charming set of wines. We’ll leave the last word to our chairman Johnny Goedhuis who quite rightly has a soft spot for Roche de Bellene: “this is a vintage like 2015 which Nicolas Potel has nailed! These are wines that will make for very happy clients in five to ten years’ time. With such a small harvest across the region these should not be overlooked”.
For more information please contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.