En Primeur | Domaine Pommier 2019
Isabelle and Denis Pommier’s story is one of passion, dedication and just rewards for their incredible hard work and commitment over the past 30 years. And nobody deserves it more than two of the most delightful people in the whole of the wine industry. They created the domaine in 1990 when they took over 2 hectares of family land and, through astute purchasing and leaseholds, have grown the estate to a sizeable and important 13 hectares. Organically certified since 2014, the Pommiers craft vibrant, aromatic wines from native yeasts. The Premiers Crus are part fermented in barrels of varying ages and are delicious expressions of their Kimmeridgian terroirs.
The domaine style, as their 2019s show, is to make wines which give extraordinary pleasure. They tend to be a little less strict than some others in the appellation but have a wonderful grace and silky harmony.
For more information please contact your account manager or email@example.com
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Chablis Denis Pommier
12x75cl 10+ £160.00 EP
Goedhuis, November 2020
An open and easy style, showing charming honeyed fruit characters. This has an attractive silky texture with a good line of saline citrus personality at the end. Easy and approachable. Drink 2021-2024
Matthew Jukes, December 2020,
There is a touch of lime and pine here which gives this wine a piercingly fresh and cool attack. The palate barely fills out as it continues its javelin-shaped assault. Slender, lean and green, this is a pointy number for relatively early drinking. It already feels like it is calling for a plateau de fruits de mer!
Jasper Morris MW, December 2020,
Pale lemon colour, with a warm and sunny nose backed by a touch of minerality. Ripe apples again, here the fruit is a little bit more tensile than for the Petit Chablis and it is certainly very persistent. 4 stars.
Chablis 1er Cru Côte de Léchet Denis Pommier
12x75cl 10+ £220.00 EP
Goedhuis, November 2020
A reserved and composed style with hints of quince and white peach. An attractive balance between a fresh linear purity and an intensity and depth of citrus fruit. Well-structured with a tight gravel-like minerality on the finish. An excellent Premier Cru.
Decanter, October 2020,
This certainly has a more bruised-fruit character than other Côte de Léchet bottlings. A touch of smokiness on the nose and palate. Apple fruit notes, with plenty of acidity to keep everything in check. There's no shortage of things going on here, but the terroir is a little in the background at the moment. Organic certification. 2022-2027
Matthew Jukes, November 2020,
Grainy and active on the palate, this is a chewy wine with structure and girth. There is fresh acidity on the finish and this pulls it all into line and lengthens proceedings, but the mid-palate is where much of the action is and this makes Côte de Léchet a rather excitable and ebullient wine. Drink now-2025
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.