En Primeur | Domaine Méo-Camuzet 2019
This is one of the greatest names in the Côte de Nuits. The current incumbent, Jean-Nicolas Méo, took over in 1989. Before that the vineyards had been leased under sharecropping agreements to various eminent winemakers, including the legendary Henri Jayer. The pedigree of the Méo-Camuzet vineyards could not be higher. Today the domaine is reputed for its luxurious, silky, mellifluous style where top-quality Vosne fruit is enrobed in sophisticated new oak. These are bold, rich wines, and the best have the potential to enjoy staggeringly long lives. As an addition to the domaine’s production, the enterprising Jean-Nicolas has established a successful micro-négociant business, Méo-Camuzet Frère et Soeurs, which offers wines from across the northern Côte de Nuits communes.
Jean-Nicolas is delighted with his 2019s which are pure, rich and balanced by a lively acidity. The Pinot Noir and Chardonnay achieved ripeness at the same time across many of the estate’s appellations, presenting some logistical challenges at harvest. The team pulled it off though, and when they started picking on the 13th September the grapes were impeccable and beautifully concentrated. Much like the 2015 vintage, the 2019s are tasting rather closed in barrel which suggests this will be a vintage with considerable ageing potential.
Please note: due to high demand, online purchases of 2019 Burgundies are limited to 1 case of each wine. For more information please contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Fixin Clos du Chapitre Méo-Camuzet Frères et Soeurs
6x75cl 1 £291.00 EP
Goedhuis, December 2020
Clos du Chapitre once belonged to the cathedral chapter of Langres, from which it takes its name. It is Fixin’s closest Premier Cru to Gevrey Chambertin and this 2019 is tighter and more tensely structured than their Marsannay. Brooding wild fruits unfurl on the palate, and hints of spice and fruit compote linger on the finish.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.