En Primeur | Domaine Marc Colin
Marc Colin retired many years ago, and his children, Pierre-Yves, Damien, Joseph and Caroline, ran this fabulous estate together for many years. In 2005 Pierre-Yves split away and formed his own domaine, followed by Joseph who branched off on his own in 2016. So, 2020 is the fourth vintage with Damien and Caroline at the helm, managing 12 hectares of vines in the Côte de Beaune. They have relocated to a larger cuverie and cellar, giving them more space so they can rack and bottle their wines later. This allows them their preferred 18-month élevage before bottling, 12 in cask and 6 on the lees in vat. This new luxury sees the domaine entering a new era for making wines at the very top level.
Damien commented that in this vintage the overall annual rainfall in St Aubin was a little higher than in 2019. Although still a dry year, the rainfall came at crucial times to maintain the water and moisture supply to their vines, so they never actually suffered from any water stress. He also explained that they can appreciate the benefits of being a slightly smaller domaine. With fewer pressures at harvest time, they can give more attention to each vineyard, taking their time picking over a longer period and guaranteeing each plot achieves its maximum ripeness.
For more information please contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re limiting purchases to 1 or 2 cases per wine due to high demand. Please contact your account manager or email@example.com to discuss larger quantities.
Chassagne Montrachet Cuvée Margot Marc Colin
6x75cl 1 £258.00 RELEASED
6x75cl - £325.67 Inc VAT RELEASED
Goedhuis, December 2021
Named after Damien’s grandmother Margot who was the source of his and Caroline’s prized Le Montrachet vineyard. A wine which balances generous fruit and appealing flavours of kumquat and apricot. It has a fine structure and grip with an almost earthy rusticity, true to the appellation. A fine village cuvée.
Neal Martin, December 2021,
The 2020 Chassagne-Montrachet Village "Margot" comes from four parcels. The well-defined nose offers dried lemon peel and orange blossom plus a touch of chalk dust. The palate is medium-bodied with lovely white peach and nectarine notes on the entry, a fine bead of acidity and a harmonious, pretty finish. Delicious. Drink 2024 - 2038
Jasper Morris MW, January 2022,
From four plots, includes some younger vines, very vivacious from its lemon and lime colour onwards, a little positive reduction on the nose. Phenolic maturity arrived here at around 12.5% and it is clear that Damien hit the picking date exactly right, to make this gorgeous wine.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.