En Primeur | Domaine Louis Boillot 2019
The Boillot family name is associated with great wine in almost every village in the Côte d’Or. It is a family dynasty with relations based in most of the greatest communes. Louis himself grew up in Gevrey Chambertin at his father Lucien’s estate. He then moved, some 20 years ago, to Chambolle Musigny to join his famous partner Ghislaine Barthod. A dynamic duo, they share cellars, viticulture and winemaking expertise, and have now been joined by their 25-year-old son Clément who has clearly inherited the family gift.
Louis tends a high proportion of old vines in parcels that stretch along the Côte, from Gevrey Chambertin to Pommard. Meticulous vineyard husbandry yields delicious wines with scented red berry fruit and perfectly ripened tannins. As is their policy most years, in 2019 he was one of the earlier pickers starting on 9th September. He likes freshness, brightness and low alcohol levels in his wines. Not one cuvée in the cellar goes above 13.4% abv in this vintage. Low quantity, but very high quality.
Please note: due to high demand, online purchases of 2019 Burgundies are limited to 1 case of each wine. For more information please contact your account manager or email@example.com
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Chambolle Musigny Louis Boillot
12x75cl 2 £438.00 EP
Goedhuis, November 2020
A darker cherry character than some years, reflecting the warm, dry summer conditions experienced in the village in 2019. Quite a moreish style, with its sweet black fruit flavours and touch of liquorice spice. Warming and very pleasing.
Neal Martin, December 2020,
The 2019 Chambolle-Musigny Village comes from two parcels, 80% from Beaux Bruns and 20% from Derrière La Forge. The first barrel selected showed some reduction. The second was much better, offering well-defined brambly red fruit intermixed with light earthy aromas. The palate is ripe and quite candied on the entry, with vanilla-tinged red fruit, a slightly confit style, and a sweet, candied, lightly spiced finish. Not profound, but quite seductive. Drink 2022 - 2032
Jasper Morris MW, November 2020,
Made from 75% Beaux Bruns and 25% Derrière le Four, purchased in 2005 and 2009 respectively. Intense purple with a reductive nose. Quite heavy at the moment with dark fruit, and a lot of oak. Powerful sturdy stuff. 3 Star
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.