En Primeur | Domaine Geantet-Pansiot 2019
Vincent Geantet, with children Fabien and Emilie, have built up this domaine into one of the Côte de Nuits’s most substantial estates, with 22 hectares of vines across Gevrey Chambertin and beyond. The move to a new location on the edge of Gevrey Chambertin a few years ago has gifted much needed additional space, easing pressure both at harvest time and throughout the year. The Geantet style is to make intense, deep-coloured wines encouraged by a long cool pre-fermentation maceration. Their selection of old vines helps them make sumptuous wines with excellent concentration.
The Geantets are never afraid to pick later than their neighbours to produce their preferred style. Their 2019s express this brilliantly, showing the benefits of deliciously ripe fruit and rounded mature tannins. This will be considered a great vintage for the domaine in future years.
For more information please contact your account manager or email@example.com
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Gevrey Chambertin En Champs Geantet Pansiot
6x75cl 10+ £320.00 EP
Goedhuis, November 2020
A high quality lieu dit below Premier Cru Champeau, these vines are now 115 years old! This exceptional cuvée highlights the benefits of deep-rooted old vines in years of potential drought. Full of characterful bramble fruits, this has an extraordinary richness and volume. A good mix between charm and power with great length, this is so much more than a village cuvée.
Burghound, January 2021,
Smoky and mildly toasty aromas are composed of markedly ripe yet attractively fresh cassis, black cherry and plenty of earth nuances. The supple, delicious and enveloping larger-scaled flavors possess excellent intensity and minerality before concluding in a firm, serious and impressively long and complex finale. As is usually the case, this offers very fine quality for its level and is recommended. Outstanding Top value. Drink: 2029+
Gevrey Chambertin 1er Cru Le Poissenot Geantet Pansiot
6x75cl 3 £450.00 EP
Goedhuis, Novmember 2020
The stony soils of this vineyard create a wine of minerality and purity. The 2019 is a very true example, full of bright red fruits, with a direct style and linear intensity. The tannins have an attractive crunchy nature, and the finish is full of delicious, sweet cherries.
Burghound, Janaury 2021,
Cooler and more elegant aromas speak of notes of violet, lavender and ripe dark currant, raspberry and a whiff of the sauvage. The sleek, intense and more refined flavors possess fine volume and plenty of salinity on the dusty, sappy and youthfully austere finale where the only nit is a hint of warmth. This too is very good and should amply repay a decade plus of cellaring. Outstanding. Drink: 2029+
Gevrey Chambertin Vieilles Vignes Geantet Pansiot
6x75cl 10+ £270.00 EP
Goedhuis, November 2020
A forward and accessible style of Gevrey Chambertin typifying the characteristics of the vintage. With savoury autumnal fruit flavours, there is good integration between the sweet bright berry fruits and a light granular tannic core. Good length and true to the appellation.
Burghound, January 2021,
A cooler and more restrained nose reluctantly offers up its notes of dark berries, game and newly turned earth. There is even better volume to the sappy and suave medium-bodied flavors that flash focused power on the balanced and lingering finish that displays only a touch of rusticity. Lovely. Outstanding. Drink: 2027+
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.