En Primeur | Domaine Geantet-Pansiot
Taking its name from founders Edmond Geantet and Bernadette Pansiot back in 1954, this domaine has grown from 7 to 22 hectares under the direction of their son Vincent Geantet and his children Fabien and Emilie. Having outgrown their historical cellars, they invested in a new winery, and their wines show all the advantages that this additional space provides. Traditionally, they de-stem 100% of their fruit and allow the must a few days of cool maceration prior to fermentation starting, which enhances the colour and aromatic content of their wines.
Vincent commented that the harvest conditions were ideal in 2020, so they could take their time. They started on 28th August and finished later than some of their neighbours, on 16th September. The domaine style is extremely fruit-focused and the depth of ripeness this year was evident from the start. A gentler vinification and extraction than in some years, followed by their preferred 14-month barrel ageing before bottling in December, gives these rewarding wines sumptuous fruit content and intensity.
We’re limiting purchases to 1 or 2 cases per wine due to high demand. Please contact your account manager or email@example.com to discuss larger quantities.
Gevrey Chambertin Vieilles Vignes Geantet Pansiot
6x75cl 1 £295.00 RELEASED
6x75cl - £370.07 Inc VAT RELEASED
Goedhuis, December 2021
From 70-year-old vines on the Brochon slopes, this Gevrey shows the deep richness that comes from great old vines. Dark opaque colour, with an array of aromas from blackberry to coffee bean and vanilla. This high-class village cuvée has a smooth, full palate and luminous freshness.
Matthew Jukes, January 2022,
This is one of the most alluring Gevreys I have tasted, and the immediate impact and richness of the fruit notes are heady and engaging. GP’s Vieilles Vignes cuvée has always been a hidden gem, and in 2020 it is fantastic, and it is sure to drink early, too.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.