En Primeur | Domaine Faiveley 2019
The Faiveley family have a long history in Nuits St Georges dating back over 200 years, during which time they have been one of the most influential names in the Côte d'Or. Today, brother and sister duo, Erwan and Eve, have joined their father François in a hugely exciting revolution at Faiveley. No longer just a négociant house, the Faiveley family now own an extraordinary range of vineyards in Burgundy including an eye-watering 12 hectares of Grand Cru and 27 hectares of Premier Cru. The secret of their success is to treat each individual parcel with the same passion and detail as some of their smaller scale neighbours. Their quality is hitting even greater heights in the hands of winemaker Jérôme Flous, now working in their spectacular new cathedral-like winemaking facilities in the heart of Nuits St Georges.
Winemaker Jérôme Flous describes 2019 as another warm, sunny vintage. Before the heat set in for the summer, some well-timed April rain soaked the vineyards which Jérôme says has given the wines “a very nice texture and beautiful tannins”. Spring frosts affected yield, but when they came to pick on 9th September the grapes were perfectly ripe and aromatic. Harvest finished on 21st September and the smaller crop has resulted in exquisite concentration. Erwan Faiveley is pleased to see 2019 follow the ‘rule of 9’: much like 1989, 1999 and 2009, 2019 is, he says, another outstanding vintage.
Please note: due to high demand, online purchases of 2019 Burgundies are limited to 1 case of each wine. For more information please contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru Domaine Faiveley
6x75cl 2 £833.00 EP
Neal Martin, December 2020,
The 2019 Clos Vougeot Grand Cru comes from Faiveley’s 1.27-hectare parcel. It has a floral nose with potpourri and light lavender aromas that partially occlude the fruit expression. The palate is lithe on the entry with modest depth and quite tertiary in style, and a keen thread of acidity lends freshness on the finish. A little austere in style, it opens with aeration to offer a very minerally finish. Here, it put the Echézeaux 2019 in its place. Drink 2025 - 2045
Nuits St Georges 1er Cru Les St Georges Domaine Faiveley
6x75cl 2 £510.00 EP
Wine Advocate, January 2021,
A mixture of domaine and purchased grapes that are vinified together, Faiveley's 2019 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Les Saint-Georges wafts from the glass with notes of sweet berries, plums, espresso roast, dark chocolate and spices. Medium to full-bodied, layered and gourmand, it's sumptuous and charming, with lively acids and a ripe, enveloping core of fruit.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.