Goedhuis, December 2022
Considered amongst the elite of Premiers Crus in Gevrey this is another higher positioned vineyard, some 300 metres above sea level. Erwan Faiveley quotes “if Lavaux is Bèze, this is Chambertin”, facing east in the same direction as all the great Grands Crus. A wild autumnal berry character with savoury notes. A wine with an attitude, keen to express itself, with a firm layer of edgy intent. A feeling of tight earthy minerality. There is so much going on here, tensile, brooding and long. Thought provoking, with Grand Cru aspirations.
Neal Martin, January 2023, Score: 89-91
The 2021 Gevrey-Chambertin Les Cazetiers 1er Cru is a well-defined but less harmonious bouquet than the Lavaux, brambly red fruit, autumn leaves and light black pepper scents. It has a persuasive airiness about it. The palate is well balanced with sour cherry on the entry, brittle tannins, attenuating a little towards the finish where it just lacks the flesh of the Lavaux. Drink 2024-2036.
Burghound, January 2023, Score: 91-93
There is better layering and much more sauvage character present on the smoky nose of wild dark currant, game and a whiff of herbal tea. The medium weight plus flavors possess a beguiling texture along with a pronounced minerality that adds a sense of lift to the moderately austere finale that displays notably better depth and persistence. Very good quality here. Drink 2031+
Jasper Morris MW, November 2022, Score: 92-95
A slightly deeper crimson colour. The bouquet is quite backward but with some peppery notes and fresh red fruit. More power on the palate, again with its usual mineral thread, in this case a salty touch. Really quite persistent, and still very backward. Drink from 2028-2036.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- NOW – These wines are available immediately.
- LATER – These wines are available later. If you buy for delivery, we will contact you on arrival to schedule a delivery date.
If you buy for storage, your wines will be transferred automatically on arrival.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.