En Primeur | Domaine de Courcel 2019
This domaine has been in the family since the 17th century. Gilles de Courcel, having retired from Beaune négociant Chanson, is now happily spending more time at the family estate in Pommard. The winemaking is in the safe hands of Yves Confuron whose own family domaine is in Vosne Romanée. Domaine de Courcel is known for its late picking. Whether due to their vine clones or pruning techniques, the Courcel vineyards always take longer to ripen than many of their neighbours in the village. Their reputation is for making wines for the long term that are traditional in style and high in quality. In their youth they remain more backward than many, but in time they evolve to give some of the very finest mature Pinot flavours of any producer in the Côte d’Or.
Yves Confuron is entirely comfortable waiting until most of his neighbours have packed up their harvesting equipment before setting foot in the de Courcel vineyards. As always in 2019 he was one of the last to pick in the Côte and with no rain forecast he was under no pressure at all. These wines are extraordinarily intense, with huge long-term potential. The powerful flavours and robust tannic core of these 2019s make them an excellent choice for laying down. Be patient and they will develop amazing mature Pommard personality.
Please note: due to high demand, online purchases of 2019 Burgundies are limited to 1 case of each wine. For more information please contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
Size Qty Price Price (Inc VAT) Stat
Pommard 1er Cru Grand Clos des Epenots Domaine de Courcel
6x75cl 2 £410.00 EP
Goedhuis, December 2020
This is an enclosed monopole in the northern end of Pommard heading towards the town of Beaune. A striking array of flavours, from damson and cranberry to sloe. With great vibrancy and purity, this is a step up in elegance and approachability. It has a harmonious volume and fine ripe tannins. An immensely successful cuvée in 2019.
Pommard Les Vaumuriens Domaine de Courcel
6x75cl 10+ £275.00 EP
Goedhuis, December 2020
One of the very best lieux dits in the village, sitting above the great Rugiens vineyard. This balances the lovely rich sweetness of the later-picked fruit, with some old-school Pommard grip. For the traditionalist wanting to age their Pommard, this has great potential.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.