Goedhuis, July 2017
We have been working with Elena and Luca at Bianca Vigna for many years and the quality of their Prosecco has ensured this has become a reliable Goedhuis favourite. Soft and creamy with notes of fresh almond, pear and apple, it is refined and pure, everything a good Prosecco should be.
Goedhuis, April 2021
This is a firm Goedhuis favourite. Another stellar vintage has produced a seriously delicious white that is bold, fresh and profoundly mineral. The 2020 has exquisite tension and precision, notes of citrus and a distinctive floral expression. The sandy soils of Roero give this so much elegance. We adore it for its everyday drinking pleasure.
Goedhuis, April 2022
A vibrant and beautifully expressive Chianti Classico. Made from 95% Sangiovese and 5% Colorino, a native Tuscan variety that deepens the rich ruby colour of this organic wine. A delightful sweet morello cherry nose is perfumed with subtle dried herbs, whilst on the palate vibrant red cherry and pomegranate soften to sweet, lingering finish.
Vinous, September 2020, Score: 90
The 2018 Chianti Classico is bright, juicy and super-expressive, all in a mid-weight style that offers quite a bit of immediacy and appeal. Red Sangiovese fruit, floral accents and lively acids give the 2018 energy and a real sense of Sangiovese vibrancy. This is very nicely done.
Goedhuis, January 2021
The nose is beautiful, fresh floral scents and bright red fruits sing from the glass. The palate is a tantalising mix of red cherry, cherry blossom, sweet wild strawberry and violets. The palate evolves, revealing undertones of darker, riper fruit: Griotte cherry, cranberry, raspberry and redcurrants. It is a heady mix, and these layered flavours give a wonderful complexity. Very elegant with a seductive undercurrent, packing so much concentration into such a lightweight, silken texture. A lovely bite of acidity and some very fine grainy tannins give structure and enliven the palate. In short, this is sleek, fresh and irresistible. Coming from declassified Barbaresco fruit, Aldo, Produttori’s wine maker has deftly made this little Nebbiolo in what was a warm vintage, however you would never know. It offers outstanding value, its quality and drinkability are hard to beat.
Goedhuis, April 2022
This 2016 Brunello from Caparzo is characterised by aromas of rich red cherry and raspberry laced with spiced plum, menthol, liquorice and Mediterranean herbs. Lithe acidity is matched by structured tannins and while there is still plenty of rich fruit on the palate, a delicious earthy quality with hints of leather is evolving on the finish to give yet more complexity. This is drinking fabulously already.
James Suckling, February 2021, Score: 94
Plum, ripe-berry and floral aromas with hints of sandalwood and fresh mushrooms. It’s full-bodied with firm, ripe tannins and a fresh, crushed-stone finish. A little timid now. Give it another two or three years. Try after 2023.
Vinous, February 2021, Score: 93
The 2016 Brunello di Montalcino shows mineral-laced black cherries with earth tones and hints of tanned leather. It’s soft in texture with a polished display of ripe berries and savory spice, as zesty acids create a juicy expression while slow-mounting tannins collect upon the senses. This turns dry and structured toward the finale, yet with the balance for a long and steady evolution in the cellar. This is really very nice.
Goedhuis, April 2022
Best known for their superb Brunello di Montalcino, Castello di Argiano Sesti also produce a delicious olive oil. With a subtle peppery note, this unctuously fruity olive oil shines served simply with freshly baked ciabatta or drizzled over perfectly ripe tomatoes.
- IN BOND prices exclude UK Duty and VAT. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries. Duty and VAT must be paid before delivery can take place.
- RETAIL prices include UK Duty and VAT. Wines for UK delivery can only be purchased this way.
- Duty Paid wines have been removed from Bond and cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. These wines must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- En Primeur wines can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.
- NOW – These wines are available immediately.
- LATER – These wines are available later. If you buy for delivery, we will contact you on arrival to schedule a delivery date.
If you buy for storage, your wines will be transferred automatically on arrival.
- IB: In Bond. These wines have had no UK Duty or VAT paid on them. Wines can be purchased In Bond for storage in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse, or for export to non-EU countries.
- DP: Duty Paid. Wines for immediate UK delivery must be purchased Duty Paid. VAT is payable on Duty Paid wines. Wines which have been removed from Bond cannot subsequently be returned to Bond. They must remain Duty Paid but can be purchased as such for storage subject to VAT.
- EP: En Primeur. These wines are lying in the Domaines’ cellars until shipping. They can only be purchased In Bond. On arrival in the UK these wines can either be stored In Bond in Private Reserves or another bonded warehouse or delivered directly to you. When you decide to take delivery, Duty and VAT at the prevailing rate become payable.